Sunday, October 16, 2011

Super Easy, Delicious Pot Roast


I absolutely love fall!  Oktoberfest beer, pumpkin everything, campfires, jeans and hoodies, boots, and delicious comfort food.  One of my favorite comfort foods for fall is pot roast.  It is so easy and so good! I've seen many different recipes over the years, but back when my husband and I first started dating, I emailed his mom to get some of her recipes so that I could bring a little bit of home to him, and he loved it (thanks for the wonderful recipe, Barb!) I've now made this my go to pot roast recipe because it's so simple, yet amazing, and boy does it leave a wonderful smell throughout your home when you make it.  There's just something about it that makes me feel all warm and cozy :)  

I change up the way I make this every time I do it.  Sometimes I add potatoes, carrots, and onions, sometimes, just carrots, and sometime just onions.  This time, I just did carrots because, well, I forgot the onions (oops!) and I prefer my potatoes to taste like potatoes, so I baked them.  It is totally up to you what veggies you want to add and how much, and depending on what you put in, it can easily be a one-pot meal!  It even makes it's own gravy in the process of cooking!  Enjoy!

Pot Roast

1 sirloin tip roast (it can be any size depending on who you're feeding.  I usually use 2lb. or less)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet French Onion Soup mix
Carrots, Onions, Potatoes or anything you'd like!

Place roast in the Crock Pot.  Pour mushroom soup on top, followed by Soup mix.  Cook on high for 3-4  hours or on low for 8-9, depending on your Crock Pot.  About halfway through add any veggies that you want to the Crock Pot.  When finished, remove roast and let sit for 30 minutes before slicing with an electric knife (against the grain).  

No comments:

Post a Comment